It’s enough of a challenge making great music without learning music promotion skills too!
For musicians, it’s hard-work writing music and performing, but that’s just the start – today you need to be a musician and promoter all rolled into one.
When making music your career, promotion is as important as the tracks you write – however, it’s an area in which many musicians are failing to succeed. The fact is, it’s easily as time-consuming and hard-work to promote your music as it is to get your sound right – particularly if you don’t know where to start.
The standard advice musicians are offered is to; subscribe to music platforms, set up a website, write guest blog posts on various social media sites and try to collaborate with other musicians, which today this means subscribing to several platforms. That doesn’t sound so bad does it – but the truth is, finding the time to create and maintain a presence in this manner is easier said than done – particularly if there’s a day job taking up most of your time.
At the very least, you’ll need to set yourself up on multiple platforms as while some are geared to streaming to listeners (Spotify), others are geared to musicians (Bandcamp) and the problem is there’s very little in between.
Managing and maintaining profiles across several platforms – Facebook, YouTube, Bandcamp to name just 3, is neither quick nor easy. So much time is needed to maintain a presence that many musicians fall by the wayside on the path to self-promotion as writing, rehearsing, recording and performing is already challenging enough.
Self-promotion is a stumbling block for many musicians, who when asked, advise a centralised resource is needed – one where everything can be done in one place.
Go To Hear has been listening and has heard what independent musicians want and need.
We are in the process of creating a one-stop-resource for musicians, one that combines everything a musician can possibly need on a simple and easy platform. We want artists to:
- enjoy our platform knowing that everything we do is 100% transparent and 100% fair
- have more ways to earn and receive the true profits of their music sales & streaming
- be paid for their hard work, not give their music away
- enjoy protection and security for the music they create
- utilise the power of our platform that incentivises crowd marketing and promotion
- have tools to build & manage better fan relationships
- receive help without a platform taking advantage of them
- be free to focus on making music
- get involved with the future of music now
More about the Go To Hear platform
- 100% transparent and 100% fair
- 100% free to join and browse
- members only pay for what they use
- we support pay-as-you-go streaming
- no upfront costs, no hidden costs
- 100% of our profits go to the members
- artists, fans/listeners & music industry
We are ambitious, but it’s our goal to change the music industry for the better by delivering a centralised community ecosystem for everything music. We want to help more musicians make a living from their art.