Before looking for a sponsorship, ask yourself;
- Are you consistent?
- Do you have a large and engaged social media following?
- Do you have a substantial email list?
- Do you a high quality, professional website?
- Is your niche well defined? Do you know what your purpose and mission is as a musician?
Put together a ‘One-Sheet’
A one sheet is a page overview of an artist and music. When crafting a one sheet, you want to ensure that it’s pleasing to the eye and making an impression of your brand
- Act’s name
- A high quality photo of yourself
- Contact information
- Album art and track listing (bold the one or two tracks you want the recipient to listen)
- Your bio, highlighting your latest release
- Track list and shows you have performed
Tips on getting a sponsor
- Treat it like a job application
- Understand what makes you unique: do not use “I am different from anything you’ve ever heard”
- Use a laser not a shotgun; choose who you work with very carefully.
- Build up your own business
- Leave them wanting more.